The WEA runs Spring and Autumn term adult education courses in the Village Hall.
The Autumn 2019 Course is entitled Italian History and Culture, and is being run by Suffolk-based Italian expert Denise Bianchini.
The 7-week course begins on Monday 23rd September 2019 with a free-of-charge* first session starting at 6:30 pm*, when potential course participants will be invited to enjoy some complimentary refreshments, get an overview of the course and have the opportunity to meet the tutor and other course members in a friendly, informal atmosphere.
The course examines the major role Italy has played in the culture and history of Europe, from the middle-ages, through the renaissance period and up to the present day. Its historical "Risorgimento" (unification), modern day politics and language are intriguing subjects and course participants may also learn enough Italian to be able to ‘get by’ on holiday…
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
1. Discuss and debate aspects of Italy's history including their own experiences in Italy.
2. Describe the basic elements of the Unification.
3. Demonstrate basic language skills particularly helpful when holidaying in Italy.
4. Compare geographical and cultural differences between each of the regions.
There are no special reading requirements.
*The cost of the complete course is £54 and subsequent sessions start at 7:00 pm.
For further information please contact the Maplesteads' WEA Secretary, Jean Bowers
- tel: 01787 460 181
- or e-mail: email@example.com