Great Maplestead is located in North Essex, close to the Suffolk border, and has around 360 residents
- In 2016 the village won its Class (for communities of fewer than 400 inhabitants) in the Essex Village of the Year competition, promoted by the Rural Community Council of Essex
- In 2017 the village won a Merit Award in this annual competition
- The Parish Council is the first tier of local goverment.
- In Great Maplestead there are 7 Parish Councillors, who are elected every 4 years.
- If you wish to contact a member of the Parish Council, you will find details on the Parish Councillor information page. Alternatively you should contact the Parish Clerk
This website not only provides details about the Parish Council but it also has information on various village and community amenities, services, organisations, events and activities. If you have any information that you think should be included, please let the Clerk know.
The buttons on the main toolbar can be used to navigate/select and view the information on the website.
Please check the News page for any recent public announcements and local information.
Tuesday 20th March: Village Hall AGM. Starts at 7.30pm. Everybody welcome.
Wednesday 28th March: Parish Council Meeting - in the Village Hall. Starts 7.30pm. See here for the Agenda. Everybody welcome.
DaRT F315 Bus Service - Timetable Changes
Following customer feedback, a couple of timetable changes to the F315 bus service between Halstead and Sudbury were effective from 12th February 2018.
The first bus from Halstead now leaves at 7.30am to enable customers to more comfortably link with Sudbury trains to London, while the last bus leaves Sudbury a quarter of an hour earlier, at 7.15pm, in order to reduce waiting time on the bus.
Full details of the service and the new timetable can be found here - hard copies of this information are available in the Church.
If you would like to receive information about the Council's activities, regular Meeting Agendas, Minutes, the Maplestead Magna Carta and, exceptionally, any urgent community information, please complete the required fields on the How to Get in Touch page or send the Parish Clerk your e-mail address: this will not appear, be disclosed or be distributed to any third party and will not be used for any other purpose.
The views expressed throughout this website are not necessarily the views of members of Great Maplestead Parish Council. Neither the webmaster, nor any other party involved in any way with this website, can be held responsible for any loss, cost, damage, inconvenience or expense caused through the use of this website or as a result of any inaccuracy or error contained within the website or any information or material displayed on or contained within it.