Broadband Services & Information
Making the Connection in Essex
Essex County Council’s local broadband plan, ‘Superfast Essex Broadband’ has been approved by central government and now plans can be put into action on selecting a provider for the service and allocating areas for upgrade.
The aim of this project is to enable 90% of the Essex population to be able to receive Superfast Broadband by 2020.
As part of the plans the County Council, along with borough partners, are asking residents to register their interest in getting Superfast Broadband by visiting www.essex.gov.uk/ruralbroadband or www.braintree.gov.uk/superfast
This does not guarantee an upgrade, however areas with the most residents registered will stand a greater chance of being selected as one of the first areas for upgrade.
If residents are unable to access the internet in their own homes, they can visit local libraries to use the computers for free. Library staff will be on hand to assist anyone that isn’t sure.
County Broadband - Delivering superfast wireless broadband to rural communities
Available in Great Maplestead NOW!
County Broadband is a Wireless Internet Service Provider (WISP), with over ten years’ experience, which specialises in the provision of broadband networks and services into difficult to get to places – especially rural areas like Great Maplestead.
- They offer one of the fastest rural broadband networks available in the country – often at speeds that are faster than many urban speeds - and you do not need a telephone line to connect to it!
You can receive the superfast broadband service NOW . (32Mb upload and download broadband service).
The roll out was as follows:
- The Village Hall was connected to the network for the Annual Parish Assembly meeting on the 15th April 2015 to allow people to experience and test the service.
- Properties in line-of-sight with the church tower were able to be connected from Monday 13th April 2015
- Further Access Point installations to deliver the service to the rest of the village were completed by the end of April 2015
- Properties not in line-of-sight with the church were able to be connected from the beginning of May 2015.
If you wish to take up the service you will need to register your details on the County Broadband website, which also exactly locates your property on a map. Please visit https://www.countybroadband.co.uk/ (the home page), choose which service (Residential or Business) you require and then input your postcode into the box on the right side of the webpage. Follow the on-screen instructions, which will take you through the registering process. County Broadband will then contact you to arrange an installation date.
County Broadband offers a community-centric solution to broadband provision in the rural community, working as a partnership with Parish Councils, the local church, and the community as a whole to deliver superfast broadband to those areas which have not been able to benefit up until now.
Contact County Broadband for more information Tel: 0845-686 5000